Pre-Party Thursday 13
"I never drink water; that is the stuff that rusts pipes. What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
Maybe you've heard, tomorrow's my release day. Yep, I said it, the year-long wait is finally nearing it's end. And isn't it most fortuitous that the day before my book drops is Saint Patty's Day? Which means I get to party two day's in a row. SCORE!
I'll be drinking today as a sign of solidarity with lushes around the world. That's a given. It won't be beer (I know, that's sacrilege) but bet your ass I plan to be flat on mine. Hey, if you're going to do something, do it right.
So for my (first) Thursday 13, I thought I'd let you know exactly how I'll be celebrating tomorrow's book release. (These aren't necessarily in order, or out of order for that matter).
- Happy dance — sort of a funky chicken/dougie combo that has to be seen to be believed, but don't hold your breath, I won't be taping it
- Big glass of Moscato
- Cake — only because I gave up candy for Lent. When Easter comes, expect a post about 13 confections I plan to eat before the sun sets
- Contest — Yes, I'm having a contest, and if you click this link or just go to the contest page, you'll know how to enter.
- Jumping on the bed — this isn't really related to the celebration, more of a daily thing I do just for the heck of it. I've got high ceilings and I'm determined to touch them.
- Bugging all of my friends and family to post about my release on Facebook and Twitter.
- Big glass of Moscato — wait, did I say that already?
- Starting an outline for Different Shades of Gray 2 — oh yeah, it's not over, there's still another story to tell
- Hanging out with my Facebook friends — Yep, they've gone and grown on me. People from around the world who I didn't know before but who are super cool, and we actually *gasp* talk
- Shopping — every major milestone in a woman's life is marked by some form of retail therapy. I've been told if I don't partake in my God-given right to shop, I'll have my womanhood membership revoked. I can't risk it...
- Massage — When I'm not moonlighting as an author, I'm a massage therapist. Which means a lot of rubbin' on other folks (ease away from the gutter) and not a whole lot of bodywork for me. I earned it.
- Big glass of Moscato — Can't believe I almost forgot to mention that!
- Sending out thank you notes/tweets/status updates/emails to everyone who's been involved with this process and to everyone who buys a copy of my book.
See, I've got a long day ahead of me. Don't forget to go to my
page to find out how you can get entered for a chance to win a copy of Different Shades of Gray. And as always,
Thanks for Licking my INK